5 Top Tips for getting the most out of Invisalign
Invisalign is a great way to straighten your teeth. The aligners are clear so no one will know you are having treatment as well as being very comfortable to wear.
Here are our five top tips to help you get the most out of having Invisalign treatment.
- Make sure you wear the aligners as much as you can and aim for the recommended 22 hours per day. One of the benefits of Invisalign is that you can take them out whenever you feel like it but the challenge is to make sure you put them back in again soon after.
- Remove your aligners for eating and drinking anything other than water and make sure you clean your teeth and the aligners before putting them back in. Many of our patients say they have found Invisalign a good excuse for living more healthily and cutting down on snacks!
- Don’t change to the next aligner until it is time to do so. Although it may look like you’re ready to move on and feel this may speed up your treatment, not all the required movements may have taken place so if the aligner still feels a little tight, it’s because it hasn’t finished its job yet. If in doubt, just give us a call.
- To make the aligners almost invisible, the material has to be very thin so take care when removing them to make sure you do not damage them. With practice, it can be accomplished quickly and discreetly but in the first few weeks, take your time and develop a technique that is comfortable for you whilst ensuring you do not place unnecessary force on the aligner.
- With Invisalign, you can see your teeth getting straighter with every aligner change and it’s easy to forget how much progress you have made. Make sure you take plenty of photos and share them with us and your friends on FaceBook and Instagram.
Do you have any top tips to help our patients get the most out of their Invisalign treatment? If you are interested in learning more about this great way to straighten your teeth, get in touch and we will be happy to talk to you about getting started.